The History of Porterfield Baptist Church
1933 – Present
Plans were made to build a sanctuary on the basement in June, 1957. On August 3, 1958, a service was held dedicating the Porterfield Baptist Church. On April 9, 1961 ground was broken for the building of a parsonage.
A multi-purpose/youth building was dedicated on July 25, 1982.
In 1988 a major building project added an additional educational wing with classrooms, nurseries, a conference room and new staff offices to the upper level and additional classrooms and fellowship space to the lower level.
it was determined that our entire campus would be cleared to build a new facility.
By God’s grace it took only a little over 2 years after the fire to plan, clear and rebuild.
On April 29, 2007 we had our first worship service in the new church building.
in those areas only 5 years since the new facility was completed.
Pastors serving PBC over the years, listed in the order in which they served:
Rev. T.B. Turley, Rev. David Doan, Rev. Offa Bennett, Rev. Frank Lovett,
Rev. Ralph Blackburn, Rev. William Messenger, Rev. James Atkinson, Rev. O.R. Hoskinson . Rev. J.D. Lannon, Rev. William Lykins, Rev. Paul Knierim, Rev. Henry Lancaster, Dr. Bobby Meeks , Rev. Steven J. Schmidt, Rev. Leonard Lewis and Dr. Ron McClung.
The current Pastor is Rev. Mark E. Eaton.